Feb 1, 2019
TD Garden Announces Seat Upgrades
Seating Update as of January 2020:
In October 2019, technicians completed a full modification to Loge seating sections, adjusting seat back angles to improve legroom. These changes were well received, with guests noting the improved space. We continue to share guest feedback with our seating installation and architect partners and it will be factored into our next steps. We will share updates as they become available.
All seating in the arena bowl, originally installed in 1995, has been replaced as part of TD Garden’s Legendary Transformation with all new seating. Here are some additional facts about the project:
- This season, guests will notice many upgrades as part of the TD Garden Legendary Transformation, including 50,000 square feet of additional space on all levels that bring all new spaces like the Back Row Bar, wider concourses, increased food and beverage options, and more bathrooms.
- These upgrades include newly designed seats which feature cushioning on bottom and back of ALL seats (previous seats did not all have padding), new armrest design, and increased seat back height.
- 500 new seats have been added to the arena capacity, these are located in new seating areas on the 8th and 9th floors.
- The seating capacity in the loge and balcony has increased by less than 20 seats.
- Some seats did change in size however the average width of loge and balcony seats is the same as last year.
- The seating upgrade project has allowed us to increase accessible and companion seating and sight lines throughout the arena bowl.
- Guests will note that the new seats are dark to provide a backdrop that will provide an improved viewing experience for the ice, court or stage.