TD Garden Policies
Due to increased security screening, including random metal detection of entrants, TD Garden management strongly requests that all guests arrive one hour prior to all scheduled event times to avoid and/or minimize waiting lines.
Enhanced security measures were adopted by the TD Garden as part of a multi-level security protocol developed by the industry at large subsequent to the events of September 11, 2001. A heightened government advisory may result in additional security screening and/or restrictions.
Guests are also reminded that bags, backpacks, luggage, laptops, coolers, parcels, briefcases and like articles will be strictly prohibited from the facility. All guests will be subject to search, at TD Garden’s discretion, of their person and/or possessions (including women’s handbags of normal size that may be allowed entry after such search). Patrons with prohibited articles will be turned away at the entrances and no storage or check area will be provided for such items. Enforcement will be without exceptions.
ALL ITEMS brought into the arena are subject to inspection. For safety reasons the following list of items are not permitted in the arena:
- Bags, backpacks or briefcases
- Food and/or beverages
- Alcoholic beverages, drugs or other illegal substances
- Laptop computers and/or tablets
- Audio, video, professional cameras, cameras with detachable lenses, video cameras or recording devices of any kind
- Sticks or poles of any size
- Selfie sticks
- Golf umbrellas
- Laser pointers or similar items
- Artificial noisemakers
- Glow sticks or any kind of glow jewelry
- Large banners
- Inappropriate attire or signage
- Vape Pens or similar not allowed inside arena
*All ITEMS brought into the arena are SUBJECT TO SEARCH
No Re-Entry/No Pass Outs
Violation of the above rules and regulations will result in eviction and/or arrest.
Guests, including law enforcement personnel not present in an official capacity, are prohibited from bringing weapons into the arena. TD Garden does not provide weapon lockers. Weapons may not be checked in at the Guest Relations Office. Weapons include, but are not limited to, the following: firearms, explosives, stun guns, handcuffs, brass knuckles, sticks, clubs, batons, martial arts instruments, pepper spray, tear gas, and knives.
Guests found in possession of the above-mentioned items will be asked to remove the item from the arena or dispose of it. Guests who refuse to comply will be evicted from the arena and may be subject to arrest.
Guest Code of Conduct
The TD Garden is committed to enhancing safety and creating a more enjoyable experience for everyone. The following guidelines have been set in order to meet this goal:
- Guests will enjoy the event experience free from disruptive behavior, including foul or abusive language and obscene gestures.
- Guests will consume alcoholic beverages in a responsible manner. Intervention with an impaired, intoxicated or underage guest will be handled in a prompt and safe manner.
- Guests will sit only their ticketed seats and show their tickets when requested.
- Guests who engage in fighting, throwing objects or attempt to enter the playing surface will be immediately evicted from the arena.
- Guests will not smoke in the arena.
- Obscene or indecent messages on signs or clothing will not be permitted.
- Guests will comply with requests from arena staff regarding arena operations and emergency response procedures.
- There is no exit and re-entry.
The TD Garden is committed to ensuring a safe, comfortable and enjoyable experience for all guests. If you encounter a security concern or if another guest is interfering with your enjoyment of the event or any guest is in need of assistance during an event you should:
- Text In Event Text Number 617 858 8626 with issue and seat location.
- Tell any of our Uniformed Staff.
- Visit our Guest Services team on Level 4, Loge 4 or Level 7, Section 307.
- Call In Event Fan Security Line 617-624-(2FAN)2326.
Fans who choose not to adhere to the Guest Code of Conduct may be in violation of arena/city ordinances and are subject to intervention, which may lead to eviction from the arena and or arrest.
Consumer Warning – The TD Garden uses bar code scanning for ticket admissions. As a result, fans should be careful when purchasing tickets and should ensure that the seller is a TD Garden licensed ticket seller, such as the TD Garden Box Office, all Ticketmaster outlets, Ticketmaster by phone, and Ticketmaster.com. Otherwise, you may be purchasing a ticket that is invalid and will be denied admission.
NOTICE TO FANS: COUNTERFEIT & SECONDARY MARKET TICKETS
Guests are advised that the only authorized sales agents for TD Garden tickets are the TD Garden Ticketing Department, TD Garden Box Office, Ticketmaster and TD Garden event promoters.
The only authorized ticket resale services for TD Garden tickets are Ticketmaster verified sites.
Tickets purchased from any other sources may not be valid. TD Garden is not able to honor, replace, or refund invalid tickets.
REPORTING COUNTERFEIT TICKETS
Invalid tickets/barcodes will be confiscated by TD garden Box Office after an invalid scan. A Copy of the ticket will be provided at the customer’s request. A copy of the invalid ticket may be used to alert the point of purchase.
Guests with invalid tickets are welcome to purchase new tickets at TD Garden Box Office, but seat inventory, location and price is based upon availability.
Guests are strongly encouraged to report counterfeit ticket sales to the point of purchase and to consumer protection agencies such as the Massachusetts Attorney General Consumer Protection Hotline, at 617) 727-8400. The hotline is staffed Mon-Fri, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.
If guests have information about the selling of counterfeit tickets, they are also encouraged to contact Boston Police. Individuals wishing to provide information anonymously may do so by calling the CrimeStoppers Tip Line at 1-800-494-TIPS or texting the word ‘TIP’ to CRIME (27463).
Alcohol is served at most TD Garden events. Garden staff is trained in responsible alcohol service management.
- Massachusetts residents must present a valid MA driver’s license, MA liquor ID, MA ID Card, passport or military ID, which indicates the patron to be a least 21 years of age (expired licenses, damaged licenses and driver’s licenses, which do not have photos, will not be accepted).Out of state visitors must present a valid driver’s license, passport or military ID, which indicates the patron to be a least 21 years of age (expired licenses, damaged licenses and driver’s licenses, which do not have photos, will not be accepted). In addition out of state visitors under 25 must also present a secondary form of ID such as a signed credit card. International visitors must present a valid passport that shows the patron to be 21 years of age (expired/damaged passports or any other form of identification will not be accepted)
- Any patron in the possession of alcoholic beverages on premises may be requested to produce identification, which must satisfy the foregoing requirements. No refunds will be offered for confiscated alcoholic beverages.
- Any patron who presents false identification or who passes alcohol to a minor may be subject to eviction and arrest.
- We will not serve more than two alcoholic beverages to a patron at one time and we reserve the right to limit service to one drink per patron.
- Our alcohol service will end at least one hour prior to the scheduled end of an event. We reserve the right to discontinue the sale of alcohol at any time.
- We will not serve any patron whom we believe to be intoxicated.
- Alcoholic beverages may not be taken into or removed from these premises.
Any patron in the possession of alcoholic beverages not obtained on premises will be subject to eviction.
Military Identification Cards
The following forms of military ID’s are accepted for the purchase of alcoholic beverages:
- A valid active military identification card with photo which proves that the patron is 21 years of age or older.
- A valid retired military identification card which states that the expiration is indefinite on the front and has a birth date and an expiration date printed on the back of the card.
- We do not accept Dependant Military Identification Cards.
- We do not accept Merchant Marine Identification Cards.
TD Garden is a No Passing Zone
Providing alcoholic beverages to anyone under the age of 21 at the TD Garden is against the law. Violators who provide alcoholic beverages to anyone under the age of 21, as well as anyone under the age of 21 who accepts an alcoholic beverage, will be evicted from the TD Garden and could face prosecution and revocation of season tickets or other privileges.
TD Garden reserves the right to deny entry to intoxicated guests. Any intoxicated guests causing a disturbance during an event will be asked to leave the facility and may be subject to arrest.
The following rules are general and can be overridden based on a specific request from the attraction or promoter:
Sporting Events: Non-flash, still cameras without a detachable lens, may be used to take pictures of sporting events or events where house lights are illuminated during a performance. Cameras with detachable lens are prohibited from all TD Garden events. Any tripod or other photography equipment may not be used or placed in any area of the building without building issued media credentials.
Concerts and other Events: The Event Promoter reserves the right to deny camera use at any time during or before the concert and to prohibit the use of any camera that is deemed unacceptable. Cameras with detachable lens are prohibited at all TD Garden concerts. The use of flash photography is also prohibited.
Video and Audio Equipment
- Use of movie cameras and video or audio recording equipment is strictly prohibited by event promoters, and the TD Garden reserves the right to confiscate any tape or film.
- For certain Concerts and Family Shows, suite lights will be dimmed to a safe level in order to compliment the atmosphere of the event.
Food and Beverage
Guests may not bring food and/or beverage items into the arena at any time. Guests must dispose of the unauthorized items prior to entrance into the arena. The Guest Relations Office will not check-in or store any food or beverage items. Guests with specific/special dietary needs due to medical conditions or religious requirements should contact the TD Garden at 617.624.1331 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No Re-Entry During Events
The TD Garden has a no re-entry policy during events. Guests who wish to return a prohibited item to their vehicle or need to exit and re-enter due to personal emergencies (i.e. retrieve medicine from vehicle), must first make contact with a Guest Relations Supervisor to make necessary arrangements.
Smoking is not permitted in the arena at any time.
Lost and Found
TD Garden management assumes no responsibility for items lost at events. All lost and found items are to taken to the Guest Relations Office (Level 4, Loge 4) during events. Guests should visit the Guest Relations Office during the event to inquire about lost items. After the conclusion of an event, Guests may contact TD Garden Lost and Found at 617.624.1331 to inquire about lost items.
The TD Garden meets or exceeds all structural and service requirements as stipulated by the Americans with Disabilities Act. Click here for more information on our accessibility.
Door Opening Times
The time the doors to the TD Garden open will vary according to the event. The typical times are noted below. Please check in advance by calling 617.624.1000.
- Bruins: East and West Premium Doors open two hours prior to game time; General doors open one hour prior to game time unless otherwise specifically noted.
- Celtics: East and West Premium Doors open two hours prior to game time; General doors open one hour prior to game time unless otherwise specifically noted.
- Concerts: Doors open one hour prior to the event unless otherwise specifically noted.
The First Aid office is located on Level 4 across from Section 15/16.
Children should be told to contact the nearest TD Garden staff member should they become lost. Lost children will be taken to the Guest Relations Office (Level 4, Section 4). Parents looking for a lost child should go to this office as well.